The Department of Media & Creative Industries at CHSS seeks to make an appointment to an Assistant Professor in Digital Photography & New Media with experience in traditional lens-based photography, digital photography, mobile photography and new technologies in image capture. The role holder will be a member of The College of Humanities & Social Sciences. They will be a recognized authority in their field, developing and maintaining a high-profile external profile and will become a leading member of a dynamic, cutting-edge research culture, having access to the excellent research facilities which UAEU offers. They will have a vital role to play in the development and achievement of CHSS within the context of the strategic goals of UAEU, leading research and scholarship in their field. They will be expected to lead on advanced, internationally excellent research in Photography & Imaging, securing high impact research funding, to teach and to supervise at the undergraduate level, contribute to admissions, examining and assessment, and to contribute fully to academic administration in both the Media & Creative Industries Department and the CHSS.
- An Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in area of expertise from an accredited university, in photography, video, studio art, or other appropriately related field is required by time of appointment.
- Record of professional practice, which could include exhibitions, research publications, client-based work, or other appropriate equivalent activities as a photographer and/or video-maker, or in other lens-based or new media.
- Evidence of either/or a combination of creative activity, scholarly activity, publication, and innovation is valued.
- Evidence of exemplary undergraduate-level teaching and leadership experience at program level is preferred and should be noted in application.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom with additional experience with SD or any other AR/VR application)
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras and accessories, including lighting and post processing
- Historical knowledge of photography and knowledge of new photographic technologies
- Knowledge of photographic printing technologies, paper and framing/mounting.
- Knowledge of mobile and other experimental image capturing devices (like GoPro, or motion sensor technology)
- Software knowledge to bridge photography with game design and animation
- Videography skills and historical knowledge
Division College of Humanities &S. Sc.(CHSS)
Department Media & Creative Industries-(CHSS)
Job Close Date 30-09-2022
Job Category Academic – Faculty