Electronics and Communication Engineering Courses: Engineers are those who put science, mathematics and their ideas together and make some tangible things. Students’ dream of becoming engineers is constantly rising. As everyone knows that things are going digitalized in this era, so as everything is converting to electronic. We will provide you with information about the different level of courses allowed under ECE and top companies that hires students on the basis of their talents.
Electronic and Communication Engineering includes various fields like biomedical engineering, computer hardware, computer software, robotics, photonics, solar harvesting etc. There are many colleges in India that provide a different courses of ECE. Or Applicants can give any entrance examination to take admission in India’s best colleges. In this article, we will provide full information about Electronics and Communication Engineering Courses and the entrance exams conducted by Colleges etc.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Students learn to design, produce and examine electronic gadgets while studying the Electronic and Communication courses. Under this, engineers also imagine the broadcast and communication system. The candidate also uncovers how to develop communication devices, electronic systems, and transmission mediums.
If anybody has an interest in the area of electronics, and wants to gain more knowledge about it they can prepare for this course. Like any other engineer to take admitted in a top colleges candidate have to achieve a minimum of 75% and must clear JEE exam. Students who have PCM education are the only eligible students who can give these entrance exams.
EC Engineering Courses and Eligibility Criteria
There are few courses that come under ECE. Check the list –
- B.Tech/BE (ECE): To do this graduation course, students must have PCM in 10+2. This is a 4-year program which includes both theory and practical knowledge.
- ECE Diploma Courses: This course is for 3 years students can appear for this course after the 10th or 12th. If candidates are doing after this course 10+2, then he/she must have PCM subjects.
- ME/ MTech PG Programs: This is the master’s degree in engineering candidates can apply for this course after the completion of the graduation program. This is a 2-year curriculum which mostly focuses on the practical skillset of the students.
- PhD Programs: The candidate who wants to do a doctorate and PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering have to clear NET and GATE exams. After this course, applicants are eligible for jobs in teaching areas or research fields.
Electronics and Communication Engineering Course
When students will take admissions in several programs of Electronic and Communication Engineering, then they different semesters. These are some names of the subjects they are going to study in these semesters. These semesters consist of both theory and practical subjects which heighten the knowledge of students.
Students have to pass all the subjects and obtain more experience in practical subjects. With the help, the practical knowledge, candidates can readily discover new ideas that will come true in future. They can simply turn their ideas into physical gadgets. And provide worlds with a new electronic tool which will help many people in future.
Some UG Course Subjects –
- Logic Design
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Control System
- Logic Design lab
- Field Theory
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Signals and Systems
- Engineering Mathematics
- Linear IC’s and Application
- Analog Electronic Lab
- Fundamental of HOL
- Information Theory and coding
- Digital Signal Processing
- HDL Lab
- Microcontroller Lab
- Antennas and Propagation
- DSP Lab EC
- Embedded System Design
- Operating Systems
- Microprocessor Lab
- Digital Communication
- Wireless Communication
- Computer Communication Networks
- Optical Fibre communication etc
Some PG Course Subjects-
- Real Time OS
- Advance Microcontrollers
- SOC Design
- Low Power VLSI Design
- VLSI Design and Verification
- CMOS VLSI Design
- CMOS CF Circuit Design
- Advanced Embedded System
- Design of Analog and Mixed mode VLSI Circuits
- Projects Assessment and Viva-voice
Entrance Examination for ECE
Candidates who want to take admission in the best colleges of India an appear in these exams. Students who qualify the exams will get admission in the top colleges of the country. To clear these exams, students need a lot of hard work then only they can get a chance to go to the best college.
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- AP EAMCET
Electronics and Communication Engineering Top Colleges
In India there are various colleges in applicants can take admission for ECE courses. These colleges provide students with great facilities and offer the job to secure the future of the student. These are some colleges we have listed in the table.
|IIT Bombay||IIT Kanpur||IIT Delhi|
|BITS PILANI||NIT Tiruchirappalli||IIT Guwahati|
|IIT Madras||IIT Kharagpur||IIT Roorkee|
|NITK Surathkal||NIT Warangal||ISM Dhanbad|
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||Anna University, Chennai||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
Career and Jobs in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Candidate, there are several job profiles for electronic and communication engineers. There are many different fields under ECE, students can choose the interest of area wisely and secure their future on that job profile. Every job profile has its characteristics so, think properly before picking the profile respectively.
Different ECE Job Profiles
- Customer Support Engineer
- Technical Director
- Electronics Engineer
- Research and Development Software Engineer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Service Engineer
- Field Test Engineer
- Electronics Technician
- Network Planning Engineers
- Associate Firstline Technician
- Signal Developer or Processor
- Multiplayer Networking Engineering
- Networking engineer
Top Companies Recruiters for Electronic and Communication Engineer
In India, many governments and private-sector volunteer jobs to ECE students. Students after pursuing graduation or post-graduation can apply to these companies. Electronics and Communication Engineering jobs are available in both government and private areas.
Private companies also recruit students while they are in their final year of colleges. Colleges provide this opportunity for all students studying. Some students get jobs in their final semester, or some want to get in the government sector to do so they have to clear the govt exams.
Recommended Read – Electrical Engineering Courses
Government Sector Recruiters
- DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation)
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
- DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization)
- BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)
- ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd)
- Indian Armed Forces
Private Sector Recruiters
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- HCL Technologies
- Accenture Solutions
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Tech Mahindra
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Honeywell Automation India Ltd
- Hewlett Packard
- L&T Infotech
- Philips Electronics
- Texas Instruments
- Conexant and Flextronics
EC Engineer Job Salary Package
Students who have students in the ECE course have a great career and can get an immeasurable salary package from the recruiters. The package of salary will rise from 2 lakh per annum to 6 lakh per annum in India, and if students go abroad then it will be $60,000 to $70,000. So, applicants work hard to make their future brilliant through this course.
Electronic and Communication Engineering Obligatory Skills
- The student pursuing the ECE programs must be a team worker, and know how to work with a team.
- The candidate must think of some innovative ideas and have a logistic mind.
- ECE course required influential IT talents.
- Applicants have an understanding of how to manage the project within the given time interval.
- One must have good communication abilities so they can he/she can comfortably interact with people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are various types of examinations that are conducted by various organizations in India like JEE Main, BITS Entrance exams, GATE, UPSEE, etc.
50,000 to 2 lakh per year is the average fee structure that is taken by the university. Every college has its different fee structures for this course, you can check on the website of the respective colleges.
This graduation course is for 4 years and there is 2 semester per year which means total 8 semesters are there in this program.
Job profile that comes under ECE programs is Electronics and Communications Consultant, Electronics Technician, Field Test Engineer, Service Engineer, Associate Firstline Technician, and Network Planning Engineers.
Companies like – Cognizant Technology Solutions, Tech Mahindra, Honeywell Automation India Ltd, Hewlett Packard (HP), LG Electronics Inc., Philips, Samsung, etc.
In India, the salary package will lie between 2 lakh to 6th lakh per annum at the initial phase.
We hope that the information provided by us related to Electronics and Communication Engineering Course has been informative to you. If anyone has questioned about this article they can ask in the given comment box we will try to give all the answers.